One Page Dungeon Contest Submission Rules
The following requirements must be met for a submission to be accepted. The form to submit your One Page Dungeon will be live in early July. The submission form uses a Google form to upload your entry. If you don't have a Google account or have any questions, feel free to contact us.
The deadline to submit your One-Page Dungeon is July 31, 2023.
While we’ve got a couple of rules for you to follow, the most important thing is that we want you to submit fun, creative, playable, and interesting one-page dungeons. We’re looking for dungeons of all varieties, themes, and moods. This is a great opportunity for you to share your original idea with the wider world. If you need inspiration, check out the previous dungeon contest entries. We are very excited to see what you cook up!
1. The submission must fit on one side of one page of paper (A4 or US Letter with 8.5” x 11” dimensions) which will result in a single page PDF. The PDF must be unlocked with no password requirement. File size must not exceed 10 megabytes (MB).
2. The submission may be created with a portrait or landscape orientation. There is no minimum margin requirement. A minimum of 1/8 inch is recommended to aid with printing.
3. Each submission must be released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-SA 4.0) license. Each submission must have https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/ somewhere on the page. This allows us to copy and share your work with others, while also giving you attribution and authorship credit.
4. Submissions must be original work and must not include the intellectual property (IP) of others or violate the copyright or trademarks of others. This includes fonts. A creator may only use fonts for which they hold a license to use, or that have been legitimately released under a royalty free, commercial use license. Avoid copying tables, stat blocks, or any other features from your favorite game system that would require additional licenses and permissions to be used.
5. You are permitted to use an AI program such as ChatGPT to help develop or inspire your submission, but we strongly recommend writing the text yourself. If you choose to use an AI art generator such as Midjourney or Stable Diffusion, you must disclose the tool(s) you used in your submission. For the 2023 contest, all artwork will be judged on its own merits.
6. Submissions should strive to be system neutral so that your One Page Dungeon can be enjoyed by a variety of gaming systems. Submissions must not include a statement declaring their compatibility with, or design for, a specific rules system.
7. Each submission must have a title and a creator (or creators) listed somewhere on the page. Multiple creators may work on multiple submissions, but only one submission is allowed per creator. When you submit your entry, you must include a short description of your One Page Dungeon not to exceed 200 characters. That short description does not have to be replicated in the actual submission itself, but you are permitted to do so if you wish.
8. Submissions submitted by creators under 18 years of age will be assigned to a youth category in the compendium. Youth submissions are still eligible for top prizes, including Contest Winner and Winner’s Circle. Youth submissions will also be eligible for their own prize or prizes.
9. Do not submit entries that promote or condone racism, homophobia, transphobia, sexism, discrimination, or the like. In short, don't be a jerk.
That's it! We can't wait to see what you come up with.